Firearm safety is one of the key tenets of CCSSEF. Your commitment to firearm safety protects not only you, but your entire family and those around you.
4 Rules of Firearm Safety
1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
2. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
3. ALWAYS keep your gun unloaded until you are ready to use it.
4. ALWAYS know your target and what’s behind it.
ADDITIONAL GUN SAFETY GUIDELINES:
- Know how to use the gun safely – Read the Owner’s Manual to familiarize yourself with the action, how to safely load and unload and all the safety features on the gun.
- Always assume every firearm is loaded.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your gun – Only cartridges designed for a particular gun can be fired safely in that gun.
- Wear appropriate eye and ear protection – CCFG ranges require all participants on a range to wear appropriate eye and ear protection.
- Never use drugs or alcohol before or while shooting.
- Secure all firearms to prevent unauthorized use. 70% of accidental firearm injuries involve children ages 10-14
Take an approved firearms safety course such as Basic Pistol offered by CCSSEF
Airsoft Gun Safety Tips for Kids
Range Safety and Etiquette
Chief Range Safety Officer